One of the key benefits of social media is that you can actually be in two places at the same time. I wanted to attend the session by Alexandra Samuel from Social Signal about community building. I had to finish my video blogging assignments. However, I was able to get the key points from live blog posts and tweets from my colleagues.
Key points to encourage participation:
- Focus on promoting conversation
- Make it happen, don't wait for it
- Connect like-minded participants
- Connect complimentary threads
- Plan pro-actively, implement reactively
Alexandra's slides will be posted on slideshare - but all accounts it was great participatory experience.