How much has been raised on Facebook? asked Connor of Connor's Fundraising Blog. Great question, great blog too. That's where I found the link to the Karma Calculator which asks you to fill out a set of questions and lets you know the real charitable you. I'm Richard Branson.
Oh, an now to answer the question. Connor, I don't know. Maybe some of my readers do. Here's what I do know.
- There isn't a comprehensive study that looks at total dollar amounts raised from all fundraising apps on Facebook. I've seen lots of posts about apps, but few on results.
- Allan Benamer had a bet with Causes founders last September but it required disclosure of total amounts raised on Causes. Allan thought it might be something like .25 cents per user (over 3 million users), but Causes never disclosed their numbers.
- Wired Fundraiser report from Network for Good reports on the Long Tail of Facebook Causes from FrogLoop from July 2007 which shows less than impressive dollar amounts
- The recent America's Giving Challenge from the Case Foundation reported on the Causes numbers - there were a total of 32,885 donors giving a total of $571,686 with an average of $17.48 per donor.
- The winner of the FB Causes challenge raised $93,000 on causes with an extraordinary effort and investment of time.
Did I miss something?