The Scoop the Story panel started by having us break into small groups and do microblogging and then return and discuss what we learned. The panel was sponsored by Utterz and they gave out nice cow stuffed animals.
A few points.
- It's Fun!
- Push the on button before you speak
- Be succinct
- Weaknesses - not high quality, producing so much content how to filter/find good stuff
- The role of video - do we need to hear or see?
- Capture now, publish later or publish than edit or add text - flexible
- Listen to random Utterz on the subway - people are comfortable to say things into a phone without photo
- Utterz - breaking news opportunities - from a journalist
- Can have some private Utterz - talk to family/friends
- Building Community -The commenting in Utterz, Jonny's Haiku Project
- How to get people to avoid feeling scared and not wanting to make fools of themselves - e.g. how can artists leverage this tool. Moderated utterz - not live, not filtered.