Harry wants to save the environment and is interested in video blogging. So what better way to combine his geek interests with social causes than to create a video blog post tip series on Green Geek Tips. This Harry's Green Geek Tip #3 is about washing your cloths in cold water and was inspired by this post from Crunchy Goddess. As an added bonus, he also shared some thoughts at the end about video blogging techniques. (Tip #1 was about not using paper bags and Tip #2 was about recycling gift wrap paper)
So, I thought, what's the best way to take the next step and integrate philanthropy into the mix? Well, I had to look no further than Little Laura's Twenty Five Days to Make a Difference for inspiration. (This month she is helping Project Linus and the Pajama Project) ...
I'm introducing the the Green Charity Donation Contest! Here's how it works:
- Leave a comment with your favorite being green tip. (We'll be using those to make editions of Harry's Green Geek Tips)
- Include a sentence or two about an environmental cause or organization where we can make donation online via Network for Good. *
- Harry (with my help) will read and vet the requests and pick one.
- The winner will receive a $20 donation from us.
You have until February 11th.
* Why Network for Good? Well, in the spirit of recycling, I received a number of good cards as gifts and I'm re-gifting them.