Here's my initial thinking. I need your help. What else should I consider? I'll be blogging about all my lessons learned over the next 50 days, so you'll benefit too. I'll also be asking people to donate (minimum $10), ask their friends and networks to donate, and help me promote this cause.
I don't want to you annoy you dear readers, but I can't pass up an opportunity to raise some money for the Sharing Foundation to help care for children in Cambodia. It's important to me. The Sharing Foundation offers many programs in addition to the college sponsorship program you've read about on this blog and I want to share some of those stories.
- I was inspired by Chris Brogan who is working on a series of blog posts. I am thinking of a series -- perhaps sharing one brief story every day or other day about the good work that the Sharing Foundation does by focusing on some of the children. I also want to highlight some of the great people, like you, my dear readers, who have supported the Sharing Foundation (especially the kind and generous folks who have supported Leng Sopharath) and the scores of dedicated volunteers who have given so generously of their time to the Sharing Foundation.
- I'm also going to share my learnings about what works or doesn't work on Facebook for this situation. I'm bound to make mistakes (in part because I'm well over the legal age limit for Facebook and I'm pretty good at making public mistakes ....). But mistakes are fantastic learning opportunities. I'm hoping that if you learn something from reading my reflections that you will make the minimum contribution to my Sharing Foundation Cause
- Setting up the Cause is the easy part. Designing the campaign, messaging, and gathering up the content is the hard part. In the past, I've done very focused, smaller campaigns with modest dollar amount goals. Should I enter both or focus all donations through Global Giving?
- This is my first time as a cause administrator and a lot of you have more hands on experience. I have contributed and recruited for causes. But for this one, I want to use it in a strategic way to energize or as a net to pull in new people. Thoughts?
Before I jump off this particular cliff, any starting out advice for me? Anything I've already done wrong? Let's learn together ...
Call To Action
- Are you a blogger? Please sign up to help me! You'll find the information here