I'm doing a session at She's Geeky Conference. It is going to be a frank and spirited discussion about what it is really like to work for a nonprofit organization. It's directed at women who might be working in the corporate or business sector and are thinking of switching to the nonprofit sector.
I want to put together a list of resources and stories and advice. So, I need your help. What would you say to this group of techies? More specifically:
- What are the opportunities and challenges of being the techie in a nonprofit organization?
- Are there particular issues that women should be aware of? What are the best opportunities for networking to find job leads, internships, volunteer gigs, etc?
- Both online and off line? If you've made the switch from corporate to nonprofit techie, what advice would you give?
- Full steam ahead or run screaming?
- If you're a techie in the nonprofit sector, how and why did you land in the nonprofit sector?