I keep on wanting to update my really "Information Coping Skills" workshop curriculum from almost ten years ago.
Rather than fussing about the fact of information overload, Ross Dawson suggests that maybe it is something to thrive on, if managed properly. Turns out that he wrote about this issue ten years ago and provides the full text in Eight steps to thriving on information overload
Information Overload - Problem or Opportunity?
[and the points, read the details at his blog]
- Set information objectives.
- Select your information sources.
- Set time aside for reading.
- Filter aggressively.
- Be open to useful information.
- People are your best resource.
- Develop your reading and note-taking skills.
- Sleep on it!
(And thanks Jack, for giving your BlogHer bag to take to Cambodia)