Nedra Weinreich who writes the Spare Change blog and is the author of the Social Marketing: A Step-By-Step Guide is offering a two-day social marketing training in Los Angeles on September 18-19 at the UCLA Conference Cenference on the UCLA campus in Westwood. The training will cover these topics:
- How social marketing uses commercial marketing tools to create behavior change
- How to think like a social marketer
- How to segment and understand your audience
- How to develop a strategy using the 8 Ps of the social marketing mix
- How to follow the social marketing process to develop an effective program
- How to use audience research techniques to build and test your strategy, including an in-depth discussion of focus groups
- How to design effective messages and materials
- How to work with the media to get your message out through news and entertainment programming
- How to use cutting-edge technologies to put the new media to work for you
- How to get the most out of your social marketing budget -- even if it's small
This makes me wish I lived in LA!
Extra bonus, read her roundup of games and social change post.