Susan Tenby from TechSoup sent me an email about a free, two-day online event at TechSoup on Social Networking for Nonprofits.
This event will be an asynchronous discussion that will occur in the TechSoup.org forums. It will be hosted by Chris Law, co-founder of Tribe.net, Neal Gorenflo, Director of Business Development of Care2Connect.com, Alex Mouldovan, founder of CrowdFactory.com and John Lorance, Associate Director of CompuMentor’s TechCommons program, and will feature representatives from LinkedIn.com, Gather.com, and others.
Some of the discussion questions:
- Is there a use for social networking applications in the nonprofit workplace?
- What do we mean by Social Networking applications?
- How are these different form message-board based online communities?
- Getting discovered: How do you promote your organization’s services through a social networking application?
- How can an online social network help your organization find volunteers and raise funds?
- What is the secret to fostering and managing your online social network?